What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- Your email address and query, if you contact footpathmap.co.uk
- Your name, email, password if you sign up for an account
- Your address if you make a purchase
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use footpathmap.co.uk, Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit on footpathmap.co.uk
- how long you spend on each footpathmap.co.uk page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Why we need your data
- If you contact us, your email and query are required to reply.
- If you sign up for an account, your email and password are required to provide your login details. Your name is required to improve deliverability and personalisation of emails such as password resets.
- If you purchase a subscription your address is required to increase the security of the payment process and to improve the detection of fraudulent payment attempts.
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
- make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
What we do with your data
The data we collect from you is used solely by footpathmap.co.uk to provide its services to you. It is never shared, sold or rented to third parties for marketing purposes.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored. Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected within a reasonable timeframe
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
- If you have any of these requests, please contact us